Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bantu Knot-Out Mohawk

Hi,

The other day I wanted to attempt a Bantu knot-out. When I was transitioning, this was my go-to style and I loved it because it unified my new-growth and relaxed ends.
Now, they never really turned out the way I wanted them to so I wanted to give it a try this go-round.

Tools/Products Used:
Wide and Small toothed Comb
Brush
Water
Eden Body Works -Jojoba Monoi Hair Milk
Coconut oil
Argon Oil
Edge Control
ECO Styling Gel

How to Achieve This Style:

1. Section off the hair and work with one section at a time.
2. With one section, moisturize the hair using water, moisturizing product, and an oil of choice.
3. Two-strand twist the hair
4. Wrap the hair into the Bantu knot (pin if necessary)
5. Repeat the steps until finished.
6. When you're done, tie a scarf for overnight sleeping or wait until the hair is dry.

Take Down:

1. With your oil of choice, rub a good amount into the hands and begin to take your hair down.
2. Unravel the knot and then the twists.
3. Pick and fluff until the your hair it is perfect for you.

Finished look:

I wanted to wear my hair into a curly Afro, but that didn't work out too well. So what I ended up doing was putting my hair into a curly Mohawk.

Mohawk:

I applied edge control and ECO gel for hold around the edges and brushed my hair so that I was able to pin it into a Mohawk, carefully watching out for brushing too far to the ends and brush out the curls.

Overall Opinion:

I was a little upset that the bantu knot-out didnt turn out like I wanted them to, but the good thing about having natural hair is that it is versatile and when one style doesn't work another one quickly will. The mohawk I actually liked because it was sort of chunky and curly and different from what I have done before.










No comments:

Post a Comment