Saturday, February 9, 2013

Protective style

 
Hey Everyone,
 
I recently decided to remove my braids and to give my hair some rest from them and since I'm a big fan of flat twists and two-strand twists, I did a protective style using those techniques.
Here is what you need...
tons of bobby pins
some type of holding agent
a parting tool
 
Process:
 
1. I washed and conditioned my hair (Creme of nature & Giovanni) then added a leave-in conditioner (Eden Bodyworks), Shea butter ("Sunburst" online), and oil (mixed).
 
 2. I allowed it to air dry while in twists to obtain maximum length while styling.
 
3. On dry hair (optional), I sectioned of a part, about 1/3 of my head, for the flat twists on one side of hair.
 
4. Begin flat twisting (used Jane Carter Solution Defining Cream) anyway you like all the way to the ends. I sort of did mine with a curve. Make sure that the sizes are consistent so that there won't be a mixture of small and big twists when it's time to pin. (an alternative, if you want bigger twists, would be to flat twist and rubber band it, then separate the ends into two and two-strand each piece. That probably seems like a lot lol)
 
5. Two-strand twist the rest of the hair(used Entwine Couture's Creme Jelly Styler) whatever size you would like 
 
6. Begin to pin the hair tucking the ends to protect them. I was sort of lazy with how I pinned my hair and just pinned them anywhere, but you can decide on that as well.
 
7. Slick down those edges (optional). For this, I used the Olive Oil Edge Control and a little ECO Styler Gel.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was really proud of myself because this was one of the best flat twisting styles that I've done and I didn't even use a mirror lol.
 
Night Care:
I tie a satin scarf around my edges to reduce frizz and put a satin bonnet over my entire head.
 
*If a twist comes out, simply bobby pin back in place.
 
Thanks and if there are any questions let me know. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment